Last weekend, I traveled to Albany, NY to watch my beautiful niece, Madison, graduate from high school. It was a rare occasion where I traveled without my husband and family. Instead, I was able to spend the weekend with my sister, nieces, cousin, and college roommate. It was a bona fide girls’ weekend!
Yes, there was drinking, eating, and gossip.
I laughed. I cried, and I learned 5 things:
- How to induce vomiting in a dog – Maybe I left my purse on the floor when we went to graduation. Maybe my sister’s dog, Luke, likes to steal and eat things out of purses. Maybe he ate sugarless gum, mixed nuts, and dental floss. Anyway, for a 50-pound dog, you take 2 ounces of hydrogen peroxide in a measuring cup, and with a turkey baster, you insert hydrogen peroxide in dog’s mouth. Wait 5 minutes, and the vomiting will begin.
- How to put out a kitchen fire – When toasted coconut accidentally catches on fire in the toaster oven, with flames licking the cabinets above it, calmly pour baking powder on the fire.
- Graduation speeches should be kept to 4 minutes or less. However, if I am ever invited to give a graduation speech, I will include as many clichés about the future as possible in my 4 minutes.
- My husband will clean the house when I am gone. Enough said.
- Accidentally using olive oil on your dry hair — even if it is disguised as hair product and placed in a hair product jar — will result in greasy hair ALL DAY LONG.
With all of that being said, I can’t wait for the next learning experience!